Spam Fried Rice - 4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
• Cooked Calrose Rice (4 cups)
• Sweet Onion (diced)(1/2 cup)
• Carrot (diced)(1/2 cup)
• Garlic (minced)(2 cloves)
• Mushroom (Sliced)(1/2 cup)
• Green Onion (sliced)(1/2 cup)
• Spam (cubed)(8oz)
• Vegetable Oil (2 tablespoons)
• Soy Sauce (1.5 tablespoons)
• White Pepper (1 teaspoon)
• Mui Madness (2 tablespoons)
• Sunny Side Egg (1 per serving)
Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Once lightly smoking, add the yellow onion and stir fry for 2 minutes.
Add garlic and spam to the pan, and stir fry for 2 minutes. The spam should be browned and the released fat should coat and season the garlic and onion.
Add the mushroom and carrot to the pan. Increase the heat to high and stir fry for 1 minute.
Crumble the cooked Calrose rice into the pan. Stir and toss the fried rice for 30 seconds to ensure the ingredients are mixed without any clumping.
Add the soy sauce and white pepper. Toss the fried rice for 30 seconds.
Toss in the green onions and evenly spoon the Mui Madness over the rice. Stir fry for 30 seconds so the sauce lightly caramelizes and the green onion wilts. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Many fried rice recipes will include egg in the cooking portion of the dish. Our recommendation is serve the dish with a sunny side egg. The soft yolk will perfectly compliment the heat and flavor from the Mui Madness.